Wednesday, November 14, 2012

End of an Era - ForeverWard



That's become my mantra as I prepare to watch BD2 tomorrow night and usher in the end of an era. It's hard to believe that it's been four years since I first saw Twilight with my nephew. And it was a fluke.

We love to go to the movies together. Most of the time, we don't even have a specific plan in mind. We'll show up at the theater and then make a decision. My sister-in-law had mentioned Twilight to me in passing because her oldest daughter had read the books and they'd just seen the movie together. Her exact words to me about the movie were, "The main vampire guy is really cute. I think you'd like it." So when we scanned our choices and saw Twilight on the board, I remembered her words and asked my nephew if he cared if we saw that one. He shrugged and said sure.

Fast forward to the end of the movie...

Me: That was better than I thought it would be. I thought Edward was hot, didn't you?

Nephew: I liked Jacob better.

Needless to say, we no longer go to movies together and/or even speak for that matter ;) Actually, that led to more bonding between us over the saga. As CA at his college, he even helped coordinate the decorating of his floor for the first quarter's literature theme. You guessed it. Twilight. So proud :)

I wish I could say that I was so obsessed with the movie after my first viewing that it had me running out to see it again and again, but that wasn't the case. What I was immediately drawn to was the music, specifically the song used in the baseball scene. As most of you know, baseball is a passion of mine. That scene will forever live in my memory. The song was perfect.


That's what had me standing in the checkout line at Target and reading through the song list while I waited.

Never Think – Robert Pattinson
Let Me Sign – Robert Pattinson

What??? He had songs in the movie?!

Fast forward to me listening to said songs in the car...

::THUD::



That's where the obsession began. I just hope there is more music in his future.

I had no idea that would lead to me going on this insane, incredible, amazing journey, but I will forever be grateful that it did. It brought things into my life that I never, ever imagined it would, least of which is all of YOU.

In the days and weeks ahead, I plan to reflect on my journey more and link you to pictures taken on my travels along the way, if for nothing else then to have them archived here.

In the meantime, I know it's been a long while since kiTT (dragon-boss lady) and I last put out an edition of TwiPeople's Sexiest Ward Alive, but that’s because we wanted this next installment to coincide with the release of BD2.

This was a collaborative effort that was a whole year in the making. kiTT pitched me her idea for today's cover last year, and we knew we needed to sit back and wait for just the right pictures of Rob to be released. It's a tough job to monitor all pictures of him that come through month after month. ;) It felt like it took…well, forever.

I hope you'll join kiTT and I in celebrating the wrap-up of our tribute collaboration project that pays homage to the epic love story that spanned five fantastic movies. We dedicate these covers to all the fans that we’ve shared this journey with!

Of course I had to find a way to fit in a b&w image. ;) This is how we'll always feel about Edward.



Two years ago, Bleriana and I threatened to ‘storm the castle’ (here) if Rob wasn’t selected to grace the cover of People Magazine in November (for an honor that shall not be named on this blog until the title is given to Rob). Hey B, you knew you could count us me to make up for their poor judgment!

To see the final installment, which is a tribute to the OriginalWard, the one who launched so many epic fanfic love stories...and the one who will be our ForeverWard...please go to kiTT's post on TongueTwied.

http://tonguetwied.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

Snarkier Than You said...

Super Massive Whack-a-mole!

(and did you actually see the movie before you read the book???)

rpfangirljr said...

That cover is so gorgeous, Lisa! And while I have never felt so bipolar over anything before, BD2 has done that. I am so happy to see it, so thankful for everyone I've met because of these stories/movies... There wot be anything else like it. At the same time, the end is so sad. Nothing to anTWIcipate... So, I'll be smiling with tears. Now i'll be waiting for kiTT's post.

Thank you for summing it all up so eloquently.

TwiWeasel said...

Super Massive Black Hole will forever and always be about vampire baseball to me...that was the first Muse song I'd ever heard and I was instantly hooked on them.

The Twilight Saga has changed my life (for the better) in so many ways. I've met so many wonderful people on this crazy ride. I was introduced to Fan Fiction. I was introduced to SLASH (THANK YOU LISA!) I've read more in the last five years than ever before...and that's really saying something because I LOVE to read. I bonded with my daughter over the whole Edward vs Jacob fiasco. I made my BFF understand just exactly how batshit crazy I really am and then I proceeded to drag her down with me.

I don't want to say this is the End of the Era, or the Beginning of the End...let's just not mention any ENDINGS at all. I don't think my heart can handle it.

TwiWeasel said...

*facepalm* I didn't even say how much I love the cover!! It's fabulous, Lisa! I love B&W Edward with the golden eyes and the background is just perfect...I love it! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

TongueTwied said...

We all have such different stories of finding Twilight but with the same underlyng part we are willing to admit...there was one certains aspect that caught us off guard and snowballed from there.

Both covers are beautiful, and I say this out of respect that we were able to keep building off one little idea that deveoped int o wonderful expressions of sentiments that I think everyone in this fandom shares.

People Magazine ain't got shit on these!!!

TongueTwied said...

Rob might open a bar so he has a place to play music.

Save up some vacay time!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p6jnqIN6r8A&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dp6jnqIN6r8A%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded

Rachael1042 said...

These clips are making me cry all over again. Make it go away, Robward. Make it go away.

Munkee said...

Oh Lisa, kiTT. Awesome idea for a cover. Thanks so much.

Demanda said...

I love you, L. I am SO thankful Twilight brought you to me! MWAH!!!

Nessa Lomiva said...

The cover is freaking amazing!! I want to stare at it... forever. :)

I am looking forward to seeing your journey, and reliving the past three years (that's how long Twilight has been a part of my life) with you.

xoxo

Dangrdafne said...

That quote is one of the mainstays on my blog. There are always endings but it just means there are new beginnings.

I am forever grateful to have been on this journey with you and I can't wait to see where the next road takes us. I love you.

BellaTesoro said...

Well there's no surprise here, I'm late to this 17forever party. I decided to blog hop, just because I can, and look what I missed! A TwiPeople, and not just any one, but I think my favorite one (ok, maybe the EP one is my fav, but that goes without saying). Seriously, what a way to go out, with the original bang. Stunning cover Lisa, stunning. And I like your saying because it says it all. I'm not crying, because it's not over, and I'm so happy because you were there while it all happened.
Happy New Year my forever17. Here's to more to smile over.
xo

Twired Jen said...

So late to the party. Love you. Love this post.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Not as late as me, Jen!

Wow - I can't believe it either. I read the books in July 2009 and rented Twilight on DVD soonafter. I can't believe it's been that long!

As one of my first twi-friends (with Jen) I thank you both - without your welcoming words on Twitter who knows if I would have stuck around... and been to America twice... and SEEN ROBERT PATTINSON WITH MY OWN EYES.

I can hardly believe it. But there is at least one more thing on my agenda, Lisa, and that is to hug you in person. It. Will. Happen.

Love you long time xxx

Sample text

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Ads 468x60px