"Actually, there are eight of us,
but Bloggy almost never leaves the hut."
A male co-worker who shockingly (not) knows of my blogging and Robsanity, cut this Speed Bump comic strip out of the newspaper and gave it to me, saying he thought of me when he read it. I love my enablers : )
Speaking of enablers, I went to a Cubs/Cardinals game on Sunday with a girlfriend from work, my son, and his girlfriend. I didn't have my Twiobservations notes out in the open. Honest. But that didn't stop my enablers from pointing things out to add to my list.
1) We'll start with this one and use it as our Music to Scroll By. This song played at least 10 times during the course of our trip. There's a line in the lyrics that every time I hear it, I think she's saying, "I said I wouldn't come, but I lost all control..." Actually, she's saying call, but give it a listen and see what you think. It's probably just my mind in it's usual place – the gutter. (Sorry if you're reading this, Mom.) This of course made me think of the breakup scene in New Moon where Bella famously says, "I'm coming," and Edward replies, "I don't want you to come." Try watching it without laughing. Talk about a mood killer. I did a YouTube search and found a Twilight-themed video set to this song (shocker, I know), and it's really beautifully done.
2) Overpass column with the number 1217 painted on it. Of course I thought of itsjustme1217 at RobMusement.
3) Mini Cooper - what Kristen drives
4) License plate that said H2O 50 (Ok. It really said H2O 61, but I've got MotU on the brain.)
5) Playing on the radio: Lady Gaga's "Alejandro" where at one point she says Roberto, which made me think of Bleriana at The Cold Shower
6) Restaurant sign for Charlie's Place
7) Sign for Blackberry Historical Farm, which made me think of my BlackBerry background (and computer screensaver) designed by Amy at MissAmyJoon
8) My ticket stub: purchased on 3/17 (I spy 17); Seat 109 – age of my favorite vampire; Row 24 – favorite number of my son and my bloggy bestie Dangrdafne at Dangrdafne Days of Delirium
9) Met my girlfriend at the Chicago Premium Outlets mall in Aurora, IL, where she had been shopping with her sister-in-law. She picked the parking lot to meet at. I picked the row to park in.
10) Volvo dealership. 'Nuff said.
11) Subway station I've been by countless times on my way to Chicago, but this time it made me think of Remember Me.
1) Sign for Wolf Road
2) Scoreboard at the game that said, "Happy 60th birthday Carter Black!"
3) Sign for Jacob's Park.
Anyone else see a disturbing pattern here?!!
Travis & Leigha's List:
1) When we got back to the outlet mall after the game, we split up and walked around for a little bit before heading home. They spotted the Calvin Klein poster with Kellan on it. I was bummed they didn't get a picture of it.
Team Jacob AND a Cubs' fan?
Good thing she's so good to my son. LOL!
1) No Twiobservations for Jeanne, but she is the one who bought me the Rob Cannes poster at her kids' book fair that I have at work : )
Don't forget to set your DVRs for Rob's upcoming appearances:
• 2010 MTV Movie AwardsJune 6, 2010
• The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
June 15, 2010
• Jimmy Kimmel Live
June 23, 2010
• Eclipse Premiere
June 24, 2010
And I leave you with these gorgeous pictures of Rob on the H2O film set. (Click on the Water for Elephants icon on my sidebar to see all of the set pictures taken to date.)
Sexpenders *gulp* down
White linen shirt
"I'm coming, Fifty."
I think this just turned into a
Wet Wednesday post ; )