Sunday, November 15, 2009

Have you "scene it" yet?

In preparation for New Moon, a few friends/co-workers got together after work one night last week to watch Twilight and then play my new Twilight Scene It? DVD game.  It's hard to find a night that works for everyone, but the four of us who were able to make it had a blast.  The game was over quickly because someone made like Edward and outran the competition (not naming real names here; may have been sprtzmom1721, though), so we played it again.  This time I let someone else win.  You can thank me now, Karen.  I kid.  I kid!

Just like every other Scene It? game I own, you end up just wanting to answer questions to the DVD clips, so we did a few rounds of that.  We eventually found out that we were WAY over-analyzing the DVD challenges. The losers bailed soon after, so Karen and I then played a few rounds of the picture puzzles, which were pretty fun.

The best feature of the game (besides clips with Robward in them) is the narration by Dr. Cullen (aka Peter Facinelli), especially on the picture puzzles.  Whenever Karen guessed wrong, which was often (lol!), he would politely, and with a very subtle chuckle, say, "No, it doesn't go there."  I think the good doctor needs to make a house call and tell us exactly where it does go.  Just sayin'!

Chris, Melissa, Special Guest, and Karen






3 comments:

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

Oooh that looks fun. I just went to a New Moon party and we did twilight bingo (Ok I totally won a calender), twilight trivia and twilight pictionary which was insanely fun. This is actually a good idea for those looking for stuff to kill the last few days before the premier. I will have to look at getting this DVD game.

17foreverlisa said...

@HG - Sounds like you went to an awesome party. Did someone actually put together the trivia questions and things to draw for pictionary? I have the Twilight board game, too, and we use just the cards to quiz each other on our lunch break. Of course, we've just about gone through them all by now. If you're following the Twitarded-Con 2010 site, we'll have to add the pictionary idea to the list of things to do :)

17foreverlisa said...

Thanks, Jason, for getting the "photo" of our Special Guest :)

Sample text

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Ads 468x60px