Friday, November 27, 2009

New Moon Review Part 1 - Dislikes (SPOILER ALERT)

#1 – Let's just get the white elephant out of the room, shall we? You all know what I'm talking about, and you've been asking yourself this same question:  WTF was Chris Weitz thinking when he shot Alice's vision??! 

Have you seen Allure magazine, CW?



or Harper's Bizarre?!


Instead, you gave us this?!  Alice never would have let this happen in "real life."


This could have been, should have been, a very cool glimpse into Bella and Edward's future.

(In no particular order from here on out.)

#2 – Jackson's hair!  Even worse than it was in Twilight.  Why do they feel the need to take an ugly stick to this boy?!



#3 – The wolfpack acting was very weak, and the only one that should have been walking around without his shirt on besides Taylor, was Alex Meraz.

#4 – No Valentine's conversation hearts from Jacob to Bella. Having been gifted with all three special edition boxes by my kids, I was looking forward to that scene.



#5 – The movie slowed down in the middle and then hurried through the reunion.  They/we were just getting into the kiss when it was cut short by the appearance of Felix and Dimitri.  Shame on you, Chris.  I/we waited a long time for Robward to reappear on the screen.  With a PG-13 rating, kissing is all we have to survive on.  We should have been given more lip-locking time with these two.  We deserved more time with the reunion and the return from Italy.  It was Rob's turn, and it felt rushed.


#6 – The sound.  I don't know if it was the movie, the theater, or a little of both, but it was extremely hard to hear all of the dialogue (and moaning - hello birthday kiss!!), especially Rob's.  Very distracting.

#7 – The music in general.  For the most part, it blended in as background noise.  Ironically enough, one of my least favorite songs on the soundtrack is Thom Yorke's Hearing Damage (my apologies again, JJ), but it worked in its spot in the movie. I watched Twilight again before writing this, and I still like the way the music was a part of the movie. It never felt like, "A song should go here," which is what New Moon feels like to me. And I missed Bella's Lullaby. Love it or hate it (personally, I love it; the memory of Rob playing it on the piano? *shivers*), it is "their song." It should have found its way into the entire saga.

I know there are more dislikes, but it's late.  May add to the list later today.

4 comments:

Zanymouse said...

Boy Sprtzmom, you really hit on all the things I didn't like also (but was kinda, sorta, afraid to say it out loud). Everyone laughed embarrassingly at the vision. I half expected Bella and Edward to hold up signs saying "I love puppies". Jasper's hair, WTF?! All I can see is Pinky Pie from My Little Pony. I know he has better hair than that. For the record, I didn't like Rosalie's hair either. The wolfpack, spot on. I mean I don't have an 8-pack either, but I do keep my shirt on. I definately wanted more kissing, but knew ahead of time it would be kissus-interruptus. The sound didn't bother me, but I have really been bothered by where some of the songs were placed. Lesson learned, I will wait to listen to Elipse' sountrack until after I've seen it. I still don't know where they put the Deathcab song, and I've seen it twice. I am taking my daughter to see NM today, so I shall be able to do more research on this subject :)

Snarkier Than You said...

We're going to finally start talking about what we liked, what we loooved, and what we cringed at, too - you're spot on! well, they still have two more movies to maybe get it right [crosses fingers..].

& @z any mouse - "kissus interuptus" - lol!

: )

rottymama said...

Agree on 1, 2, 3,
#4 I think they went with chocolate. I saw mini chocolate candies at the store. Might have to wait til Feb.
Agree on 5. When I didn’t see my Mr. Rottymama for a while we sucked some face for at least 30 seconds plus, wet n’sloppy. And one thing that I did notice too was that Jacob and Bella never really kissed/touched with their lips completely. They were always interrupted. Did you see that or am I nuts?
Agree on 6. Hello, sorry I didn’t hear what you said. I could use a “turn it up” or give me a hearing aid. I think they should give you ear phones so you can hear everything. I might have to get one of those “as seen on TV” amplifiers. LOL
#7 sorry I wasn’t really paying attention to the music. Nothing really jumped out at me. Not like Muse’s Super Massive Black Hole or Mute Math’s One of Us. Have to wait until the DVD comes out.

17foreverlisa said...

@rottymana - No, you're not crazy. Bella and Jacob never quite made it to first base :) Thank God! And I'm glad that someone else thought it was hard to hear the dialogue and that I'm not crazy. You'll have to let me know how the "as seen on TV" amplifier works. LOL! Super Massive Black Hole is still the ringtone on my cell phone.

Sample text

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Ads 468x60px